Current opening for a Maintenance Mechanic (Millwright) for our Davenport manufacturing facility. Looking for a person who displays maintenance excellence in multiple mechanical, electrical and welding tasks. Able to work well alone and as part of a team. Responsible for ensuring consistent maintenance of all sawmill machinery in a manner that supports high-quality, cost-effective, safe production.
- Perform immediate repairs to keep manufacturing facilities in operation
- Perform consistent inspections of a wide variety of sawmill machinery
- Trouble shoot, repair and/or replace machinery as needed
- Ensure all machinery is consistently aligned to maintain proper tolerances to meet production standards
- Assist in design and fabrication of machinery
- Analyze current machinery to determine its effectiveness and recommend improvements
- Provide all of own hand tools required for performance of duties
- Journey level of competence in mechanical, plumbing, construction, welding, fabrication and hydraulic repairs. Working knowledge of electrical systems from 120 VAC to 480 VAC. Knowledge of machining, (ie. lathe and milling machine) desirable.
- Participate in preventive maintenance programs by maintaining and enhancing procedures that ensure that all sawmill machinery is consistently performs to meet production needs and reduce down time
- Document maintenance activities:
- Record all maintenance in a timely, accurate manner
- Create an accurate, permanent record of all changes to machinery
- Communicate mechanical changes to operators, supervisors, maintenance staff or other affected individuals
- Assist other manufacturing maintenance and production personnel as needed
Experience and Characteristics Desired:
- 5 or more years mechanical experience in a manufacturing environment, including:
- Belt, chain and direct driven machinery
- Chain, belt and screw conveying systems and machinery
- Parts removal, installation and alignment
- Welding and fabrication, (Arc, Mig, Tig)
- Plumbing systems for water, air and hydraulic
- Hydraulic and system trouble shooting, repair and replacement
- Electrical solenoids, motors and controls
- Able to read and write legibly
- Demonstrate safe work practices and safety leadership at all times
- Basic computer skills
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
Full-time position with benefits.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your cover letter identifying the position you are interested in and your resume or completed job application to email@example.com or fax to 866-828-4171.