Big Creek Lumber stocks a variety of fencing products to suit your needs, including our specialty: locally grown and processed redwood. Your local branch can help you find the perfect product for your project. If we don’t have the size you need, we can manufacture redwood fencing at our sawmill in the custom planer shop.
Fencing comes in many grades. Our redwood fencing is available in both Construction Heart (Con Heart) (1×8 only) and Construction Common (Con Common) grades. We typically stock 5-foot and 6-foot lengths in both grades and Con Common comes in 1×6, 1×8, 1×10, and 1×12 dimensions. Other dimensions and lengths can be easily special-ordered from our sawmill. We also stock a full line of redwood Con Heart posts from 4×4 to 6×6.
For redwood fences, we stock:
- High-quality fence boards with flat or dog-eared tops
- Square and regular lattice in regular, heavy-duty, and triple thicknesses
- Fence toppers
- Pre-made fence and gate panels
We also carry a selection of:
- Cedar posts and palings
- Corral boards
- Welded wire horse fencing
- Metal garden fencing
- Chicken wire
Common Redwood Fencing Grades:
- Con Heart – A versatile, all-purpose, all-heart grade. This is a heartwood containing knots of varying sizes and other slight imperfections.
- Con Common – A sapwood grade containing knots of varying sizes and other slight imperfections. It is similar to Con Heart except that sapwood is permitted in the grade.